13th September 2017 at 9:29 am
|Mon||8am - 6.30pm|
|Tue||8am - 6.30pm|
|Wed||8am - 6.30pm|
|Thu||8am - 6.30pm|
|Fri||8am - 6.30pm|
|Sat||By Appointment Only|
13th September 2017 at 9:29 am
13th April 2017 at 4:50 pm
All patients who previously had access to patient online services will need to contact surgery ...
Station Medical Group and Waterloo Medical Group have merged on 1st April 2017. They will be collectively known as Railway Medical Group.
Within the next 4 months various building work will be undertaken at various premises and the practice will have a new integrated clinical IT system and telephone system.
At present Station Patients can still only been seen at the Station premises on Gatacre Street. The surgeries and the Blyth Acute Service will continue to run as usual. All the telephone numbers will remain the same until further notice.
The practices are known under the umbrella of ‘Railway Medical Group’, with Station and Waterloo as branches.
Station Medical Group has 5 GP partners and 2 salaried GP’s, 2 practice nurses, a health care assistant, practice manager and administration/reception staff. We are supported in the community and within the practice by the health visiting team, district nurses, midwives and dieticians.
Our practice area covers Blyth, Newsham, Seaton Sluice and parts of Bebside.
Our purpose is to provide a responsive personal medical service to our patients in a friendly, caring way. We aim to provide services that meet the local and national healthcare bodies.
We are open to and gladly welcome your feedback, please read the leaflet below to find out how to give your opinion or make a complaint.
Are you a young person registered at the practice?
Please view our young persons guide.
Station Medical Group Appointments System
Appointments are available at various times Monday – Friday
Between 08:00 – 11:15 and 13:55 – 17:45
Appointments (10 minute appointments)
• Appointments can be pre-booked with all GP’s where available
• If you feel you require more than a 10 minute appointment please speak to the receptionist
• Dairies are open up to 3 weeks in advance
• A pre-booked appointment will be the next available appointment with GP of your choice, where available
• A limited number of appointments will also be available 48 hours in advance
• A limited number of appointments will be also available 24 hours in advance.
Saturday Surgeries (10 minute appointments)
• We have a limited number of pre-bookable appointments for patients who are in full time employment and are unable to attend during the normal working hours. These should be booked during the week preceding the Saturday you wish to be seen. Any remaining appointments will be open to all patients. These patients appointments will be seen over at the Blyth Acute Service.
• This is not a WALK-IN service and only patients with pre-booked appointments will be seen.
Emergency Appointments – Triage Appointments
• If you feel you need to be seen on the day please contact the surgery BY PHONE, your details and symptoms will be taken and logged in a triage appointment. When you ring you must be able to supply the surgery with a current telephone number for you to be contacted on. You will be contacted by a GP who will assess your needs and if necessary you will be given an appointment time to attend the Blyth Acute Service which is in the entrance of the Blyth Community Hospital.
• This service is provided jointly by staff from Station Medical and Waterloo Medical Groups, therefore you may not speak or be seen by a GP of your choice.
• Patients are asked NOT to come down to the surgery or to the Acute Centre without an appointment. You will need to ring the surgery to be put on the triage list before you are seen.
• Telephone consultations ae carried out by all GP’s and Practice Nurses on a daily basis and can also be pre-booked with some GP’s.
• Patients should ring before 10am and book a telephone consultation appointment with the GP of their choice.
• Details will be taken by the receptionist and the GP will return your call when they are available.
• Are for the elderly and housebound only. Please ring the surgery to book a home visit before 11:15am. These visits are made after the end of morning surgery therefore there will be no clinical cover in the surgery during this period.
Monday to Friday
Telephone Lines are open from 08:30 – 18:30
Main Telephone number – 01670 542630
Main doors are open from 08:30 – 18:30
Prescription Line open from 09:30 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00
***THURSDAY 13TH APRIL 2017 – PATIENT ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES ARE UNAVAILBLE DUE TO COMPUTER UPDATES. PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST ANY PRESCRIPTIONS ONLINE FROM THIS DATE ONWARDS. ALL PATIENTS REGISTERED FOR THIS SERVICE WILL NEED TO BE RE-REGISTERED. IF YOU NEED TO BOOK APPOINTSMENTS OR PRESCRIPTIONS PLEASE CALL US ON THE MAIN TELEPHONE NUMBERS.WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED. ****
Direct Line 01670 542630 open between 9.30am – 12pm & 2pm – 4pm
If your GP has agreed to you obtaining a repeat prescription, you may obtain this by telephone, in writing or in person at the surgery or ONLINE our website is open 24hours a day allowing you to order in your own time.
If you are 16 years and older and would like to register for this service please ask at reception. You must show photographic ID or a professional document when registering for this service.
Please allow two working days (not including weekends) for processing.
Prescriptions may be collected from the surgery Monday to Friday after 11.30am
It is important that you give the precise name of the drug as stated on your
prescription when ordering or you may hand in your repeat prescription
request form correctly marked.
The surgery operates a prescription collection service with all the local
pharmacies. Please ask the receptionist for details.
Medicine Manager – For many reasons ordering medication can sometimes
become ‘out of step’. We employ a Medicines Manager, Alexandra Robertson,
who can bring all your medication into line and also tell you about the
Repeat Dispensing System– please ask at reception for further details.
Your Local Pharmacist – Your local Pharmacist will be able to give
you free health advice at any time. Here is a list of pharmacies in our area and their telephone numbers:-
Asda Blyth (01670) 542710
Blyth Healthcare (01670) 362111
Lloyds Blyth (01670) 366608
Blyth Health Centre (01670) 364153
Waterloo Road (01670) 353601
Newsham (01670) 366198
Seaton Sluice (0191) 2376880
Cowpen (01670) 356545
Alliance (01670) 546092
Main Boots Blyth (01670) 352275